Why join the French Business Climate Pledge?
For many years now, Avidsen has been taking concrete action to protect the environment.
Today, this commitment is recognized: since 2017, Avidsen has been a signatory of the French Business Climate Pledge initiated by the MEDEF.
What is the French Business Climate Pledge? What steps has Avidsen taken? Some answers.
French Business Climate Pledge: companies take action
It’s a movement supported by Medef
In 2015, in the run-up to COP21, Medef (Mouvement des entreprises de France) launched the French Business Climate Pledge to bring together under a single banner companies that were already taking action for the climate and still wanted to do better.
Applicant companies must be based in France. They must voluntarily commit to the French Business Climate Pledge. Their obligations include establishing a low-carbon business economy and producing solutions/innovations/technologies/products/services… that are also low-carbon.
With this initiative, the signatory companies want to show that volunteering has an impact on environmental protection. There is a wide range of solutions, regardless of the size and sector of the signatory company.
French companies play the game
Since its launch, the French Business Climate Pledge has attracted over 300 signatories. Medef is now aiming for 1,000 volunteer companies.
Since 2017, Avidsen has belonged to this group of large, medium and small companies that have decided to take action for the climate. That same year, Medef opened up the French Business Climate Pledge to very small businesses.
Avidsen on all fronts to care for the planet
Avidsen’s official commitment to the French Business Climate Pledge is the result of a genuine initiative by the company and each of its employees. In summer 2018, the head office, located in Tours (Indre-et-Loire, 37) moved into BBC (low-energy building) offices. Several collective actions have been introduced to ensure that the workplace reduces its environmental impact:
- Motion sensors in the vicinity of desks allow lights to be switched off when employees are away from their workplaces.
- Windows are fitted with opening sensors: when the sashes are opened, the heating switches off instantly.
- Surgical masks used by employees are sorted and sent to a company specializing in recycling.
- Printing of documents is kept to a minimum
- Employees’ pay slips, expense reports, vacation requests, etc. are now entirely paperless, and the same will soon be true for luncheon vouchers.
- Plastic cups on the coffee machine have been replaced by mugs supplied to each employee.
The focal point of our recycling and sorting policy: Avidsen after-sales service
Still based in Tours, the avidsen after-sales service strives to sort, repair and reuse to reduce waste. Thus :
- 50% of our packaging is drastically sorted: this concerns leaflets, plastics, polystyrene and electronic components. In the same spirit, plastic blister packs are no longer used on 75% of our products.
- We reuse and repair spare parts. We also offer our customers reconditioned solutions
In-house, 70 tonnes of waste are processed and recycled.
The in-depth work and reflection of Avidsen’s various departments don’t stop there: recycled batteries, reduced chemical products, Enocean range, ERP standards for our videophones… Our commitment to theplanet is growing all the time.
Eco-design at the heart of our connected home solutions
At Avidsen, every product undergoes rigorous scrutiny to achieve the most environmentally neutral solution possible:
- We are developing more and more low-energy products
- Several of our solutions are dedicated to reducing energy consumption
- An environmental audit is carried out with our suppliers: in addition to the criteria of legal and safety procedures, regular inspections and controls, the audit includes an examination of the working conditions of employees, the recycling of plastic raw materials…
- Our partners must commit to a sustainable approach
The products in the Bamboo range (Bamboo chime, Bamboo View videophone) are representative of our sincere commitment to the environment. The packaging and leaflet are made from recyclable cardboard and paper. All circuits in both products are low-energy. While bamboo wood requires little water, the plastic is 100% recycled, and both objects use no polluting paint.
The teams dedicated to the design of our products have also improved the packaging of items, whether for direct purchase or delivery: carton sizes have been optimized, print materials are made from recycled paper, and packaging is made from recycled cardboard, just like that used for shipping orders.
Avidsen is considering switching to vegetable-based inks for the inscriptions required on packaging (summary instructions, product characteristics, etc.).